Author Paul Miller shares in A Praying Life that he was driven to prayer through unexpected suffering.This is a reminder of how God works evil into good and drives communities to pray. After the terrorist attacks of 9/11 we saw many people praying together in schools, workplaces, sporting events and government.
The public display of prayer was MAGNIFIED by a national crisis and unexpected suffering.
Sadly, years later we are again seeing pressure for Christians not to pray in public. While its permitted for some religions to pray at their place of work, when Christians pray it’s considered offensive and grabs the attention of mainstream news.
What are some types of prayer?
- Self prayer
- Intercessory prayer
- Corporate prayer
- Dueling prayers vs God’s will
What are the challenges to praying?
- Challenge: methods of prayer
- Challenge: focus and distraction
- Challenge: organization of prayer.
- Where do we go first when we need advice? Why is God second?
- What is the difference between praying and whining?
- What is the difference between praying and gossip?
- What prayers should be public (Facebook) and private?
NEXT MONTH DISCUSSION BOOK: Free of Me by Sharon Hodde Miller
If you’d like to participate in a monthly mentoring group please send me an email.
Hello friend! My name is Christine Abraham and I’m a real blonde, red-cup coffee drinker, California native, mother of teens, married 25 years to a project manager. I meet with friends at local coffee shops to talk about faith and family. Redeemed by Christ. Lifetime Bible reader. Coffee drinker. Mother of girls. Revival leader at Bible Cafe