Carey Scott, in her book Uncommon: Pursuing a Life of Passion and Purpose takes the word ‘uncommon’ and unpacks it into a positive experience through the lens of Scripture. You’ll want to read it twice: once alone as you cry, and again with a group of friends on the same journey of uncommon womanhood. Get out your highlighters and get started on this book today! -Christine Abraham
This book lives up to the title, because its uncommon to surrender when the world tells you to conform. Through life experiences and personal stories, Carey takers her reader on a journey of boldness in faith. Her readers self-discover their own passion and a revived trust in God’s Word.
When Carey Scott asked me if I wanted to read a copy of her newest book “Uncommon: Pursuing a Life of Passion and Purpose” I did not hesitate to say yes. I met this amazing woman online though social media and was immediately captivated by her passion and purpose. Then she writes this incredible book and now I want to drink coffee with her and stay up all night chatting about Jesus.
She’s authentic and every word in her book is soul-catching for me. Because of her book and story, I feel like we’re sisters -though we’ve never met in person. It’s THAT powerful. I’ve enjoyed this book so much it’s one of my 10 Favorite Books of the Year.
- I was at the crossroads of questioning God and trusting God, and I had a choice to make. Carey Scott
- It’s easy to trust God when the stakes are low, but this wasn’t one of those times. Carey Scott
- You cannot live extraordinary when you live in the bondage of ordinary. Carey Scott
- Perfection is a lie, and it’s nowhere close to God’s heart for us. Carey Scott
- We can’t live uncommon lives if we’re so consumed by what others might think of us. Carey Scott
- This isn’t dress rehearsal, friend. No, we are living on the stage of life. Carey Scott
About the Author: Carey Scott is an author, speaker, and life coach, honest about her walk with the Lord… stumbles, fumbles and all. Her passion is reminding women of their immeasurable worth, something the world is quick to discount. She speaks to women’s groups and writes about the issues that matter most to the heart of a woman.
Published: Shiloh Run Press (July 1, 2017)
Disclosures: I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.